FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cinco De Mayo

I have been out of school since Friday, and I keep thinking I need to study for a test. But the truth is- I do not have a test to study for! It is nice but it feels really weird. I have been reading Nancy Drew a lot. I finished two of the books yesterday, (and this morning) and started on a new one this afternoon.

My mom and I stayed out the whole day. We went to my sisters chapel where she recieved a trophy for an art project, to Wendys, (whoot whoot) Goodwill, and another consignment store.
The last stop before picking up sista's was at Borders. ahhh.. (breath in deeply) Borders. That place is. Well weird. Not the books or anything. (well some of them) The people. You really get a cultural shock when you come through the doors.
Lets just say my mom and I saw very many different styles, and some people who were. Not very straight. All that to say, I found a book I would like to buy. It just came out recently and is a 'Martha Stewart craft book.' There were some really neat ideas, and things I would like to try. Calligraphy projects, stamping, etching on glass, crepe paper flowers, and the list goes on!

We picked up the girls and then went to Stein Mart. I like that place. They have such a variety of interesting things. Lauren, Abby, and my mom got large faux pearl earrings.

I am counting down the hours until nine-o-clock! (My jello will be ready then)

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO!!
-Caroline

5 comments:

Abby♥ said...

I agree, borders and most all bookstores are... a cultural shock.

Amanda A Gordon said...

I am just thinking... you found a way to write about all those different things and make them go together. :) It sounds like you have had a great day!

Caroline said...

ha ha! thansk Amanda!!! I am glad it didn't sound like a jumbled mess!

Lauren said...

Borders is SCARY but great for creepy people watching. HAAHA. That jello was yummy except it turned my tongue blue!! I love your new sunhat wink wink!!!
I'm so jealous that you have so much time to be creative WITHOUT SCHOOL! long comment huh? return the favor dearie!! MARVELOUS!!S'wonderdul!

N said...

Hmm...I seriously need to go to Borders...I had no idea it was like that. And I LOVE people watching!