FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend was amazing! I LOVE EASTER! On Thursday we went to the Maundy Thursday service. It was very meaningful, but also very sad.

Sunday morning I woke up to a nice little Easter basket with reeses cups, snickers, twix, and milky ways, as well as some INCREDIBLE shea butter lotion. I also got a new tooth brush head for my electric toothbrush. Dont ask me why I am excited, I just am! I just love getting a new toothbrush because your teeth feel so clean afterwards!! ;)

Sunday we went to our church service and after that we went to my Grandmas house to eat lunch with our cousins. Lunch was wonderful! We had scalloped potatos, pork tenderloin with roasted herbs, asparagus, green beans, blackberries, pineapple, strawberrys, grapes and for dessert we had a pecan pie, banana cream pudding, and coconut cake! Yum yum!

My cousins and I had an Easter egg hunt, because you are NEVER to old to hunt for candy, and then we went canoeing in her pond. ;) Easter Sunday is also the day I got my first guitar. My cousin, Jonathan, plays guitar and his family had an extra (NEW) guitar that they did not use, so they sold it to me! I have always wanted to take guitar lessons, so this is wonderful! Jonathan taught me a little about the guitar and taught me several chords. I am now searching for a guitar teacher.

I am sad Easter is now over, my sister and I think it is now our favorite hholiday. Christmas is wonderful to, but I think it tends to be a little bit overly stressful.

xoxo
Caroline

4 comments:

mFw said...

Sounds like a great day!

Beth Dunn said...

Hope you had fun!
xoxo
SC

Trish {Pink Preppy Lilly Lover} said...

Sounds like a spectacular Easter sweetie! I can't believe you got a guitar, that is awesome! I wish we lived closer so my brother who is 22 could give you lessons, he is amazing! I just called him and he said to tell you if you wanted to email him he'd be happy to answer any questions you had, bounce ideas off of, etc. Let me know! :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a lovely Easter!