FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Monday, August 24, 2009

PEACH ice cream

What is better than peach ice cream???? HOMEMADE peach ice cream. It was my parent anniversary, so while they were away, they picked up a HUGE basket of peaches. The peaches didn't look the best on the outside, but you could easily cut off the bad parts. The peaches still tasted delish, and a whole box of a peaches was a steal because they were starting to go bad.

The ice cream turned out tasting wonderful. (Even though our ice cream maker broke, a little more than half way through. Thank heavens for freezers!)

It has been a (family) tradition on road trips, to stop by a road fruit stand and get a cone of homemade peach ice cream. Does your family have/had any food traditions like that?

Inside of the directions for our ice cream maker I found a recipe for homemade banana ice cream. It just sounded to good to be true, so I thought I would post it-

2 Quarts of Banana Ice Cream

Ingredients

3 medium sized ripe bananas
2 cups of milk
1 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream

Directions
Scald 1 cup milk until luke warm: add sugar and salt. stir until dissolved. Add remaining milk. pour into ice cream can. add nutmeg & vanilla extract. Fold in lightly whipped cream. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes. Crush Bananas with a fork to fine pulp, stir in lemon juice. add to chilled mixture before churning. Churn according to directions. (It should say how long on you ice cream maker.)

I will definitely have to try it out some time!



2 comments:

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hello hello! Ice cream sounds perfect to me right now!

I'd like to thank you for helping me to celebrate my blogaversary and my 300th post because guess what...

YOU WON ONE OF MY PRIZES IN THE APRON GIVEAWAY!

Stop by and see...and drop me a line at BellaRosaAntiques@verizon.net and let me know where to ship. If you have a preference on which apron you'd like...I might be able get the right apron to the right winner. We shall see!

Thanks again!

Jill said...

Yum.... Every year my parents would pick us up from summer camp and we would stop at fruit stands on the way home. The peaches were amazing! The ones that were about to go bad are always the juiciest. If you ever buy a peach from the grocery store and it's kinda hard, put it in a brown paper sack in the pantry. In 2 days, it will be just as juicy as a fruit stand peach. :)