FALL IN LOVE WITH MORE FREE TEMPLATES! CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR OWN SMITTEN BLOG DESIGN... »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A is for.......Art Galleries... and Aviaries.....

Saturday my family, my grandma and I went to an aviary. My first aviary to be exact. There were so many colorful birds, and a slow sloth. I have discovered that birds scare me. Not flamingos, or toucans or cute little backyard birds that sing outside of your window, but ravens, and crows, and creepy birds like that. (I do not think it would be a good idea to watch Alfred Hitchcock's movie 'The birds." ;) But-needless to say- I enjoyed myself!
Yesterday my mom, Lauren, Abby, my Gran-Gran, and myself went to an Art Gallery. WoW. woW. WOW.....!!!!!! There are so many different types of art! Modern art... European art... Sketches.. Photographs... Sculptures...

Some of the modern art was completely RANDOM!! We saw one 'painting' that was plain white, and had a steel frame around it. THAT was the 'art.' (man I could make some good money selling white sheets of paper with aluminum foil around the edges!! cha-ching!! $$$ ;)

Another Modern art was a large triangle. Half was orange and the other half was green.... It looked kind of like a food pyramid. hmmm.....

We took tons of fun pics beside as large Andy Warhol picture.

We saw tons of beautiful, ugly, spectacular, random art there. I saw one painting of 1920's looking girls at a hose race! I do not know the name of it though so I could not post a pic! ;(

I think today we will mostly be swimming/reading by the pool.
xoxo
-Caroline



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you saw some inspiring stuff :)

pssssst...
...let us know what today is inspiring to you and are you imagining something...? -- in my latest blog post here:
http://dish-dish-dish.blogspot.com/2009/06/so-much-imagination-so-little-time.html




Yay, thanks!
Kara